When this notification popped up on my Twitter feed my first reaction was what on earth is that? Being relatively new to the blogging game I had no idea, had seen it pop up in a few feeds but hadn’t investigated. Upon reading second reaction was no thanks. I actively shun any kind of paste it in, forward it on social media engagements, thinking of them as the chain letters of the 21st Century. To be honest anything like this makes me cringe. The art of blogging is engagement, and reaching out and connecting with other bloggers SO I am going to park my own feelings, climb out of my comfort zone and embrace this offer of an introduction.
So Gimmie Five thank you for the Liebster Award and apologises both for my tardiness in responding and my initial ungratefulness. It would seem I start with the rules.
The Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another to find out more about new blogs and the people behind them. It helps the newest members of the blogging world to get out there and lets everyone know who they are and what they are about.
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog in your post.
- Show the award on your blog or in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of new questions for your nominees to answer.
11 facts about me:
- I grew up on an island in the middle of the Thames and rowed to school
- Leading to when older getting told off for drunk rowing rather than drunk driving
- If you have read my first blog post you will see my Dad made porn on the side.
- A fox ate my first pet, I believed blacky the rabbit died of shock for years!
- I’ve survived a natural disaster
- I got engaged to my husband at the top of Mount Kilimanjaro
- I proposed, (he still tells me off for stealing what should have been his moment, my view was it was a good time and would have been a wasted opportunity had it not happened).
- I’m bossy and blunt, which often means I write emails and then add the niceties in after to soften it up.
- I have 2 cheeky girls who I love to bits and wouldn’t change, but I wanted boys.
- My ambition is to get one of my picture books published. Stories about badgers or baboons anyone?
- Chocolate is my weakness especially Giant Buttons or Dark Chocolate.
Answers to the questions I was set?
1. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I’m going full meal so Aromatic crispy duck for starter, medium rare fillet steak with all the extras for main and an indulgent chocolate brownie with pistachio ice cream on the side for pudding. A glass of Amaretto to finish up.
2. What cheers you up?
3. What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
No idea, prob around 48 hours when my first daughter was born it was a long birth!
4.Tell us a little about your blog?
I have no niche, I blog weekly, I don’t want it to be all about motherhood, that is one part of me and will feature but I want to write about whatever springs to mind in a partic week.
5. What did you do for your latest birthday?
No idea on the actual day, vaguely remember I was ill with no voice, but did go to The Big Feastival the weekend before as part of birthday week.
6. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
27 feels about right
7. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Hit snooze, need ten more mins (which I did).
8. What is your perfect pizza?
Tex Mex BBQ from dominios
9. What was the last lie you told?
10. What was the last picture you took with your phone?
A futile attempt to get a nice Mothers Day pic of me with both my daughters. Can’t ever get them both to sit, smile and look at camera.
11. Why did you start your blog?
Ultimately to write more and make myself accountable to something to write. But read more in my first ever blog post here. My Dad made a porno
As for who am I going to nominate as there are so many established bloggers out there this is prob old hat to you so here I’m going for a mix of new and established.
Here are your questions:
- Ideal person to get stuck in a lift with?
- Top 3 beauty product recommendations?
- Song that will always get you on the dance floor?
- Favourite kids picture book?
- Travel destination you would love to visit?
- What item never makes it off your to do list?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Recommendation of a blog to follow?
- What’s your favourite film quote?
- What would your last supper be? Starter, main & desert.
- Best piece of advice you have ever been given?
Enjoy, thank you and look forward to hearing all about you.